Monday, September 18, 2017

Mid Terms already!

AP Bio is cruising along.  

We only finished CH 19 and CH 21. 

Moving away from StATs is now impossible.  I keep finding things to do.  We did the Hurricane Data graph, I need to help them review TALKITUP and use LENSES.  For the Chapter 2 Reading Guide I want to include the blank diagrams they can fill in as we take notes.  Remember to included LENSES for the in Chapter science articles and diagrams.  

Mid Term Exams this week.  I have compiled some great resources and hope it works.  

Data Nuggets Shooting the Poop
Climate Change BCR
FRQ
Quiz 2 on CANVAS Chapter 21 Evolution of Populations
HW:  Chapter 2 Reading Guide.  Due Thursday Sept 28.  


Building Portfolios and Interactive Notebooks in Wildlife Biology

Each student is recording writing prompt responses in their notebook.  I need to branch out to graphs and actually commit to the INB, but it has morphed into a writing and animal recording of data in the Gorongosa.  We have completed most of the HHMI BioInteractives on the Gorongosa and I hope it will continue throughout as such.  I have students highlight the  dates of their writings as a pre assessment.  Students choose 2 they want me to grade for accuracy.  I grade the rest for completion.  

A Binder Section/ Portfolio of Handouts and Notes.  Kept in order Table of Contents on Board and CANVAS.  Self, Peer, Parent Assessments.  Turn in for PTC.  Discuss contents at the meeting.  




No comments:

Post a Comment