Thursday, November 30, 2017

Stuck between a rock and an endocrine signal.

I decided in the middle of reading chapter 6 to begin the metabolism unit.  I almost wanted to die.  Of boredom.  And chemical equations.  And I realized so will my AP students.  Wait til spring for the respiration stuff.  I am obsesses with cell signaling.

so I spent office hours rescheduling the photosynthesis christmas to the cell signaling systems in plants and animals unit.  We now jump from chapter 5 to chapter 32.  Hormones and the endocrine system.

In biology I am trudging though at an AP pace with Photo/Resp with props and cut out models.  So, II'm thinging next time they have to make a stop motion of respiration.  But, the only thing I can find is vague for AP Bio and I need to come up with storyboards for them I think.

But, they have the probs, stop motion animate the Carbons in the Photo/Resp system.

Stop motion animate glycolysis

 So, they did the cut n paste n model n snap n post, today so I'm thinking that Friday they could attempt the glycolysis stop motion.  ??  Why??? So they photo/resp cycle with Carbons???

Why?? Well... because we can then do it with Mitosis.    ....

And in Wildlife

the Time Passes activity from GWGM 3 is the best lesson I've ever taught, followed by a serendipitous timing of thanksgiving and the showing of Dances with Wolves and the Journal response activity.  Un-positive response from students on this assignment on the first day turn in.  Like, maybe, like, some kids did the journal write correctly.  But with growth mindset they can resubmit their journal entries.  Perhaps write more than one sentence in a 2 paragraph rubric, then we can mind to grow and set match. 

We are adding wolves to our counties tomorrow.  It will be exciting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment